Welcome to the office of Sylvia Ford Brown, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee
for the United States Bankruptcy Court of the Western District of Tennessee. This office is responsible for the administration
of Chapter 13 cases assigned to Judge Jennie D. Latta and Judge George W. Emerson.
Chapter 13 Summary
1. Payments should be made out to:
SYLVIA FORD BROWN
MEMPHIS, TN 38101-1924
Your first payment should begin immediately. Please include your name and case number printed clearly on your payment.
2. The Chapter 13 Trustee's Office address is 200 Jefferson, 11th floor, Memphis, TN 38103. DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS TO THIS
3. The Chapter 13 Trustee's office hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Monday thru Friday. Our telephone number is (901) 576-1313.
4. If your plan requires monthly payments you must pay by the 5th of each month by cashier's check or money order. NO
PERSONAL CHECKS. NO CASH.
You are responsible for making
your payments until the employer starts the deduction.
If you cannot make your payment
you must notify your attorney and the trustee's office.
You must attend your first meeting
of creditors. If you cannot attend the meeting of creditors, please call your attorney.
8. Bring the declaration page of your automobile insurance policy with you every time you come to court.
9. All creditors must be listed in your case. To add a creditor,
see your attorney.
10. If you are contacted by a creditor after
your plan is filed give the creditor your case number and attorney's name. Contact your attorney.
may not buy anything on credit while you are in the plan.
12. You may not
buy, sell, trade, or give away any real estate or other property of value without permission from the trustee.
13. You may have a balance statement mailed to you by calling or writing the trustee's
office with your case number.
14. Non-payment will result in your case being dismissed.
15. You must pay all future property taxes as they come due.
your attorney every time you change employment or change your address.
17. Your attorney will be paid through your Chapter 13 plan. Do not pay your attorney directly.